New Database: Ancestry Library Edition

ancestryOffering an unprecedented online collection of genealogical information from North America, the UK, Europe, and Australia, Ancestry Library Edition delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.  Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist, or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock your story with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, and maps.

This library resource is available to unlimited users via networked computers on the MSU campus in Bozeman and via the proxy server: http://www.lib.montana.edu/resources/item/589.  Please direct questions or comments to Nate Hosburgh, Electronic Resources Librarian, nhosburgh(at)montana.edu.

2 thoughts on “New Database: Ancestry Library Edition

1. dear gentlemen

My name is Ad Havermans, and I am retired, and looking for ancestry family in the USA.
    My mother lived in The Netherlands, and is called Cornelia Renne.
    By studying her roots, I discovered the Renne Library in your university.
    Could you inform me about the best way, I could study the roots of Mr Renne, and could I enter your database for this purpose?
    Thanks in advance greetings
    ad Havermans

2. I am looking for my children’s great-great grandmother. I have looked and looked through records and cannot find it. She was one of the first women. basketball players . It was in 1914, Haskell Indian School. I did find a picture of my mother in 1925 wirking at the Registars office at the university in Missoula. That was completely awesome.as I didn’t know her.