We prefer that libraries making requests to borrow from our collections use the ILLiad system. Any institution that does not use OCLC or DOCLINE for its online requesting may submit requests for loans through an institutional ILLiad account. Please call our office at (406) 994-3161, e-mail or go here and then click on the First Time Users button to create a Borrowing Library Account.
If you are a BORROWING LIBRARY and already have an ILLiad account set up with MSU-Bozeman, go here to login to ILLiad.
You may wish to bookmark the page.
Montana State University lends materials to libraries in the United States as well as internationally for their patrons. If you are an individual who needs material from MSU, please consult a librarian at your university or public library.
- 1 renewal usually allowed for any loan
- 4 weeks use for books, microfilm, sound cassettes
- 1 week use for videos/DVDs and music CDs (please return in a box)
- 3 days use for periodicals
LVIS, Lyrasis (formerly BCR or BCR/Amigos), GIF (Global ILL Framework). We welcome reciprocal agreements.
Domestic non-reciprocal loans and copies: $15.00 (DocLine charge is $10.00), Foreign loans: $25.00, Foreign copies: $15.00. IFM or EFTS preferred or invoiced monthly after ship date. Electronic deposit is accepted (please ask for instructions). Credit card (Visa or Mastercard) payment IS accepted. IFLA vouchers also accepted.
Service may be suspended for failure to pay for ILL loans or photocopies.
- Any item from Special Collections (a copy might be an option)
- All non-newspaper microfilm and current 5 years of newspapers on microfilm
- Most recent 5 years periodicals
- All language programs on CD
- Reference (photocopy up to 30 pages can be provided)
- Reserves (photocopy up to 30 pages can be provided)
- Maps with Map Case as location
- Audio books
We will accept requests via:
- OCLC (symbol: MZF)
- DocLine (symbol: MTUMOT)
- ALA form
- ILLiad via our web page. Go here to login to ILLiad.
Please, NO telephone requests.
The borrowing library is responsible for borrowed materials from the time they leave the supplying library until they have been received back.
An invoice will be sent for the replacement cost plus a $25.00 processing fee.
In the case of a thesis or dissertation, an additional $8.00 binding fee will be added.
Service may be suspended for failure to return items or pay for lost/damaged materials.