The Libraries will begin a phased reopening on Thursday (1/31/08). We sincerely appreciate the concern expressed by so many students and faculty over the last two days.
- Circulation Desk and Reference Desk will be up and running.
- Computers on the second floor will be available.
- Third floor study area around the fountain will be open
- Fourth floor will be open
- Third floor dormer and group room area will remain closed
- Special Collections is closed
- Most of the raised part of first floor (including the still wet computer area) will be roped off
- Parts of second floor with damp or rippled carpet will be roped off
We hope to have move computers available by Thursday afternoon. Open/Closed areas may shift as workmen move through the building.
We also recognize the hard work and quick response of over 70 committed people from the libraries, facilities services, custodial services, and so many more who responded to this emergency. We apologize for the obvious inconvenience of a closed library and are delighted to welcome students back into the building.
–Tamara Miller, Dean of Libraries