Beginning on Monday, June 22, Facilities Services is closing the library’s public elevator in order to rebuild the motor. This improvement will be implemented before the start of fall semester, and the public elevator will be available for use again after August 15.
In the meantime, please come to the Borrow Desk for information on special services. Our staff elevator can be used to access additional levels, and your library staff is available to escort you to other floors.
We are sorry for the disruption of public elevator service. Your access and safety are our highest priorities, so if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Unloading the 2nd floor elevator during the 1949/1950 MSU Library move
Exactly who is Rocky Gallatini? Go to https://twitter.com/RockyGallatini to get to know another side of your campus library!
Free workshop Tuesday, 2/24, from 12-1 pm in the Innovative Learning Studio of Renne Library.
Come learn how to use Mendeley… a combination of a desktop application and a website which helps you manage, share and discover both content and contacts in research.
Register and see more library workshops here.
Let’s revisit an old (but very useful) tip. Many people can experience a delay when printing PDFs, but here are some hints to speeding up your printing process on the library network.
- Download your PDF. Don’t print directly from a web browser or even from D2L. Download the PDF somewhere safe and easily accessible, like your flash drive or the Saved Documents folder on your computer.
- Open your PDF download with Adobe, and when you get to your Print box, click “Advanced” and then “Print as Image.” This can often cut down on the time it takes to download your file to the print server.
Not sure where to start looking for the information you need for your next assignment? After all, the library subscribes to over 250 online databases alone, not to mention print and other resources…that can make for a pretty epic search!
A great place to begin your exploration is on the Library Guides page. Your librarians and library staff have created these guides to help you navigate library resources on many different subjects, library technologies, and even some courses. Plus find links to the liaison librarians for your department for additional assistance.
Let us help you find the information you need!
Free workshop 2/4 from 1-2 pm in the Heathcote Classroom of Renne Library.
Learn the basics of Excel, with an eye toward troubleshooting common problems. Topics to cover: general spreadsheet formatting, data formatting (%, $, etc.), using formulas and functions, referencing cells in formulas, inserting and formatting charts, and printing
Register and see more library workshops here.
Did you know that we have printers available for printing and copying super-sized documents? Have an art project that you need to print or want a copy of a map for your next adventure? We can help with that! Stop by the Borrow Desk, and ask about pricing and sizing for large format printing and copies. We can also do scans of many large items (for free!)
Just one example of what you could print at the Borrow Desk!
If you need a book, article, or other resource that is not in the library collection, request it through Interlibrary Loan!
1. Choose “Request” on the library homepage and then “Request It!” (Or click on the handy link in this post…)
2. You will need to log-in with your NetID and password.
3. Choose the type of material on the left of the page. Include as much information as you can about the resource, and submit your request.
Our Interlibrary Loan Department works hard to track down the resources you need.
Welcome back, students! As you prepare for another busy semester, here are some Renne Library printing reminders so you are ready for all those upcoming syllabi, assignments, and papers.
- As a fee-paying student, you already have $7.50 on your CatCard to use for black and white printing. Simply swipe your CatCard at our print stations around the library, and the cost of your print job will be automatically deducted.
- Forget your CatCard? Not a problem. Send your print job like normal, make note of your computer number, and come on down to the Borrow Desk, where you can pay for your printing with cash. We can do color printing as well, so if you need to use up the change in your pocket, we have you covered.
Have a great semester, and we look forward to seeing you at the library!
The semester may be ending, but we’ll be open to meet your winter break library cravings! Come relax on the third floor with a new book from the Browse Section, or take advantage of an open computer to check out some online resources. The library will have special hours during the intersession, which are posted below.
Saturday, December 13-Tuesday, January 13
- Monday-Friday: 7 am-5 pm
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed
- Thurs, Dec. 24: Closed
- Friday, Dec. 25: Closed
- Thurs, Jan. 1: Closed
- Friday, Jan. 2: Closed
We look forward to seeing you soon!