The 15th annual Can the Griz competition is taking place from November 8-Saturday, November 22. The MSU Library is a designated drop off point for canned goods, and as an added incentive, you can also trade cans of food for fines!
We will deduct $0.50 per can, up to $10 total, from any fines you might have. This does not apply to lost books, damages, etc. Stop by the Borrow Desk, and tell us you want to swap cans for library fines, and help MSU can the Griz!
Can the Griz will end at halftime during the Cat/Griz game on November 22.
Free workshop 11/5 from 12-1pm in the Innovative Learning Studio of Renne Library.
EndNote is now available for free for MSU users. See how EndNote X7 makes formatting citations and managing bibliographies easy! Learn to search, import records, add notes, find articles, manage PDFs, and format papers using any one of thousands of citation styles. This workshop covers how to get EndNote, share references, and use both the desktop and online version.
Registration is recommended but not required. Walk-ins welcome as long as there is room. Bring your own laptop and install EndNote during the workshop.
Register and see more library workshops here.
Introducing ITC Student Lab Computers on the first floor of the library! We now have 16 Student Lab computers available for your use on the first floor. (Additional Student Lab computers are on the second floor.) When using these computers, keep the following tips in mind.
- Log in with your NetID and password.
- Print jobs from these computers will show up in the print queue under the NetID or name of the person currently logged into your computer.
- Log out when you are finished, so that no one else can access or use your account.
For a full list of Student Lab software, visit http://studentlabs.montana.edu/software/
When printing a PDF file from a library computer, try these two things for a more effective printing process.
- Download your file to your USB folder, the Saved Documents folder, or another easily accessible place on your computer.
- Choose “Print as Image” in the print options (typically under Advanced options.) This can make your document more easily printable on the library network.
Looking for something new to read or just need a break from studying? Check out MSU recommendations, new library arrivals, and current issues of magazines and newspapers in the Bobcat Browse area!