We are excited to announce that the MSU Library has launched a new homepage along with updated CatSearch and updated Journal Search user interfaces to create an improved website and search experience!
Do you have plans for Monday, August 21? In case you’ve been living under a rock, on August 21, all of North America will experience a rare celestial event– a solar eclipse! Check out the Library’s display case for a Solar Eclipse-themed exhibit with photographs from the 1940s solar eclipse in Bozeman and other fascinating eclipse materials. Below, we have compiled a list of viewing opportunities and events happening at the MSU Library.
- Live stream the eclipse here!
- Pick-up your eclipse glasses a the Library, limit two per person
- Create a Pinhole Projection Box
The MSU Library is partnering with the Eclipse Ballooning Project to stream the solar eclipse live from space! Visit the new CyberDISCovery on the first floor of the MSU Library to watch the eclipse! Visit this link to learn all about the ballooning project.
The Physics Department will have a live viewing event outdoors, just outside the Library!
Happy Eclipse Viewing!
Interested in additional information about the eclipse and suggested reading?
You’re invited to join us September 13-16, 2017 for Doig Country: Imagining Montana and the West, a free symposium at Montana State University on the work of acclaimed Montana author Ivan Doig!
The symposium will feature:
- Numerous panels about a variety of topics relating to Ivan and the West
- Tours of the Ivan Doig Archive in the MSU Library
- A new film debuted by Carol Doig about Ivan’s life and work
- Prominent speakers such as Patty Limerick, Carol Doig, Lois Welch (author and wife of James Welch), Nancy Cook, and Rebecca Saletan (Ivan’s long-time editor)
- A public book discussion of This House of Sky
- Related art exhibitions
- A poetry reading
- An optional field trip to White Sulphur Springs—a chance to visit Doig Country
Everything except the field trip is free, but please register so that we can guarantee seats and refreshments for all.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.